Kawarau Jet Rotorua
has been involved in education for many years, treating school groups from across the globe to this iconic NZ adventure activity. With one of the largest carrying capacities in the region, Kawarau Jet can carry up to 50 passengers at one time.
is also member of the Rotorua Education Network (REN) - a first-of-its-kind tourism collective solely dedicated to the education industry. All REN members have a curriculum-based educational component to their product or have an added value component to their core service, specifically developed for education groups.
We have a variety of options to choose from including the 30min Jet Tour, Mokoia Island Experience, Parasailing or trip through to the Manupirua Hot Pools, all of which are popular options with visiting student groups. Our professional guides provide a commentary on the local history, formation of the landmarks and interesting facts and figures.
Regardless of your requirements, Kawarau Jet
will cater any of our experiences to suit your needs. Please contact us directly to request a quote or discuss the various options.
Trip Facts – Terms and Conditions
• A minimum of 10 students required per trip
• Waterproof spray jackets and lifejackets provided
• Sensible footwear and clothing recommended
• Gloves, woolly hats and scarves for winter
• Contact our office for a quote
Unit Standards, Worksheets and Handouts
Level 3 Geography
AS 91427 (3.2)
“Demonstrate geographic understanding of how a cultural process shapes geographic environments”.
Level 3 students study the Tourism Development Process in Rotorua.
Aspects of the cultural process may include:
• how it creates variations (spatial and/or temporal) in the geographic environment(s)
• how it has impacted on people and the environment(s).
Level 2 Tourism
1. US 24728
a. Identify work roles within each of the tourism sectors.
b. Describe work roles in tourism.
c. Describe skills, knowledge, personal attributes, and personal presentation requirements of work roles in tourism.
d. Evaluate self in relation to a work role in tourism
2. US 24730
a. Demonstrate knowledge of the components of tourism.
b. Demonstrate knowledge of an 'origin-destination' model of tourism.
c. Describe the nature of a New Zealand tourism business.
Level 1 Geography
“Demonstrate geographic understanding of the sustainable use of an environment”
1. describing how and why people use the selected environment
2. fully explaining the consequences of this use on people and environment
3. fully explaining the sustainability, or otherwise, of the selected environment with continued use.
Contact R.E.N Consultant – Bookings and Enquiries